Wednesday 18 December 2013

DARREN WEAVER

DARREN IN THE UK OPEN
I started playing darts at 16 and having produced some good games I was asked to join Yorkshire under 18’s team where I topped the averages for both Yorkshire and the North of England on a few occasions, that allowed me to play in the BDO Youth World Masters where I reached the quarter finals before losing to the American youth champion.
I went on to play under 21’s for Yorkshire where again my averages were up there with the best at that level which enabled me to get selected again for the North of England side which took on Scotland and the South of England on numerous occasions.
After winning local league individual competitions I travelled to a few open competitions where I held my own, I went on to play county darts for Lincolnshire which was cut short due to the birth of my first and second child. After taking a break for a couple of years I decided to start again just in local teams at first, as I started to find some form again and won some individual league titles and a couple of small open competitions I then qualified for the UK Open at Bolton where my first round match was televised live on Sky Sports (unfortunately losing 6-1 to Gary Mawson). Not long after this I received a letter of invitation to join up with the full Yorkshire County squad which I had to turn down having already made the decision to make the big step and join the PDC tour, over the year I held my own and coming close to beating several well travelled Pro’s losing 6-5 to Paul Nicholson and Colin Lloyd, I also took some beatings on the way 6-0 to James Wade and 6-1 to Gary Anderson but that is the strength of the Pro Tour. I unfortunately couldn’t sustain the cost of travelling and entry fee's myself after the birth of our third child.
In 2012 I qualified for the Gold Cup pairs which was played at The Lakeside.
I started 2013 off in some great form winning 2 local comps and reaching the final of the Nott's open which made my mind up to enter this Team Taylor competition which has now given me a platform to work on again to try and get back on the PDC circuit.
Darren Weaver
Married
Father of 3
Full time work
Enjoy Football, Rugby League, Running…

No comments:

Post a Comment